My name is Marcelo Rinesi. Mostly, I get curious.
Some hats I wear
- I'm a freelance Data Scientist.
- I'm CTO of the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies, a member of Baikal, and part of the data+art group Datasthesia.
- I've written and posted here and there short SF stories. The most recent set is TACTICAL AWARENESS [page][pdf].
- Besides crunching data and helping design and implement algorithms for inference and strategy, I ocassionally write, consult, and give talks on their mathematics, technology, and (increasingly fascinant) politics. And anything else I can get away with, really.
- My blog
- Tactical Awareness [page][pdf]: a free collection of a hundred SF short stories a hundred words each.
- At one point or another I've been quoted, interviewed, or mentioned by Rolling Stone, Quartz, The Verge, BoingBoing, Forbes, Wired, Huffington Post, Fast Company, VICE's Motherboard, La Nación, Clarín, and Veintitres.