My name is Marcelo Rinesi. I fell into a rabbit hole when I was a kid, and I've been having fun down here ever since.
Some hats I wear
- I'm a freelance AI generalist/Data Scientist (I'll settle on a label as soon as the industry does).
- I'm also CTO of the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies and a member of Instiuto Baikal.
- I've written and posted here and there short SF stories. The most recent set is TACTICAL AWARENESS [page][pdf]. I also have a very ocassionally updated email newsletter for short fiction, Adversarial Metanoia.
- Besides helping people leverage data and algorithms for better operations and strategic decision-making, I occasionally write, consult, and give talks on their mathematics, technology, and politics. And anything else I can get away with, really.
- My blog
- Adversarial Metanoia
- Tactical Awareness [page][pdf]: a free collection of a hundred SF short stories a hundred words each.
- At one point or another I've been quoted, interviewed, or mentioned by Rolling Stone, Quartz, The Verge, BoingBoing, Forbes, Wired, Huffington Post, Fast Company, VICE's Motherboard, La Nación, Clarín, and Veintitres.
- Tu propia inteligencia artificial [TEDxRiodelaPlata]
- Cuando las computadoras tienen autoridad [TEDxSalon]
- Charla en Instituto Baikal: Sueldos y Sindicatos en Economías Cyborg
- Panel en La Nación: Inteligencia Artificial: Los desafíos y las oportunidades